Founded in 1970, New World Development Company Limited ("The Group", Hong Kong stock code: 00017) was publicly listed in Hong Kong in 1972 and is a constituent stock of the Hong Kong Hang Seng Index. A premium brand infused with a unique personality, New World Group’s core business areas include property development, infrastructure and service, department stores and hotels. As at 31 December 2015, the total asset value of the Group amounted to HK$409.7 billion.
To fulfill its mission of fostering youth development for society, we are now looking for energetic, innovative, passionate and pro-active undergraduate students who are interested in gaining in-depth knowledge and understanding of our businesses through joining our Group Internship Programme and to be our New World Talent in future.
During the eight-week internship, interns will be provided with plenty of learning opportunities within our Group companies to gain hands-on experience.
Interns with outstanding performance will be given preference in their future applications for Management Trainees or other vacancies in New World Group.
Artisans We Are Looking For
Undergraduate students (including those from Mainland China or overseas) possessing the following qualities are welcome to apply:
- Ready to go ONE STEP FORWARD
- Ready to be our New World TALENT
Newness, World-vision, Trust-worthy, Advancement, Leadership, Extra-curricular, Nimble, and Teamwork
- Boundless Curiosity
- Proficient in both spoken and written English and Chinese (Cantonese and Putonghua)
- Prepared to develop a long-term career in New World Group after graduation
The Exceptional Challenge 2016
Craft Your Artisanal World
Participants have to enroll in the competition on individual basis. The competition is divided into two categories, one for Audio / Video submission and one for Image / Text submission:
- Audio / Video category
- Image / Text category
Participants can enroll in two categories at the same time. Submission of different formats of works/presentations such as art pieces, drawings, poetries, photos, articles are highly encouraged.
Participants shall be current undergraduate students from Hong Kong, Mainland China and Overseas Universities.
- "Like" our Facebook Page "New World Talent" a pre-requisite to the challenge.
- Submit your final production/ works by uploading it to our "New World Talent" Facebook Page. All submission should be added with #CraftYourArtisanalWorld #TheExceptionalChallenge2016
- Send a private message to "New World Talent" on Facebook with your personal information including your full name, name of university, major of study, year of study, name of Facebook account, email and contact number for verification purpose.
The top 100 participants who have gained the most "Likes" in each category (Audio / Video category and Image / Text category) will be shortlisted. One winner of each category will be selected among them by our judging panel. The total number of winners is two and they will be granted the internship offer directly.
- Simultaneous enrollment in both the Mainstream Online Application and The Exceptional Challenge 2016 is welcomed.
- The duration of Video/Audio category submissions should not exceed a total of two minutes. For Image & Text category, the number of photograph submissions is limited to five, and Text submission is limited to 300 characters per article.
- Top 100 candidates in each category who have not been offered with the internship opportunity through this path will be invited to join the next round of assessment called Artisans Hunt.
- Late submissions will not be considered.
- The submission of the participant will not be considered if he/ she did not fulfil the pre-requisite to "Like" "New World Talent" Facebook Page.
- The works should not include any element of obscenity, indecency, assault or violence. The Organizer reserves the right to commence legal proceedings or take such other appropriate actions of whatsoever nature in respect of such submissions.
- The submissions should not contain discriminatory content or promote discrimination on race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, or marital status. The Organizer reserves the right to commence legal proceedings or take such other appropriate actions of whatsoever nature in respect of such submissions without further notice.
- Participant must not infringe the privacy and rights of any other party. If the submissions contain personal data of a third party (such as the image of a specified third party in the form of photograph, picture or video), the participant shall obtain the consent of such third party for the use of his/her personal data (including submitting such works to the Organizer pursuant to these regulations) in accordance with the requirements of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance
- The Organizer reserves the right to handle or remove any submitted works that involve controversial or sensitive content. The participant shall be solely liable for any liabilities or legal consequence arising out of or incidental to his/her submissions.
- The Organizer reserves the right to use, amend, reproduce, exhibit, publish and distribute any submitted works for publicity and other non-profit and non-business purposes. The Organizer will not make any payment to the relevant participant or other parties in respect of such use.
- The participant must be the sole owner of the intellectual property in his/her submissions. The submissions must be the participant’s original work, and shall not contain any infringing materials.
- The Panel reserves the right to amend the regulations any time at its sole discretion without prior notice. Prior to the enrollment, participants are expected to read the regulations carefully. By submitting your work you accept these regulations and agree to be bound by them.
- In case of any disputes, the decision of the Organizer shall be final and conclusive.
- Should there be any discrepancies between the Chinese and English versions of competition rules, the English version prevails.
To apply for our internship programme, two channels are provided below. Candidates can apply through both application channels simultaneously or either of them.
- Mainstream Online Application
Candidates can apply through the mainstream channel via our website including online application, screening, assessment centre ("Artisans Hunt") and interviews.
- The Exceptional Challenge 2016
The Exceptional Challenge 2016 is an additional application channel provided this year. Candidates need to submit a creative work on New World Talent Facebook page. Selection criteria will be based on the total number of "likes" and final decision from judgment panel.
Thank you for your interest in the New World Group Internship Programme. Please note that the application for 2016 intake has been closed.
Should you have any enquiries, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
and follow us on our New World Talent Facebook page!
|Selection Process||Online Application||The Exceptional Challenge 2016|
|Online Application/Works Submission||March – April 2016|
|Application / Submission Deadline||27 April 2016|
|Assessment & Interview||April - May 2016||N/A|
|Likes-gaining period Deadline||N/A||27 April - 1 May 2016|
|Notification of Successful Applicants||Late May 2016||Early May 2016|
|Programme Commencement||Late June / Early July 2016|
New World Development Company Limited (the "Company") Notice to Employees and Potential Employees relating to the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance (the "Ordinance")
It is necessary for potential interns ("Applicants") of the Company to supply the Company with data about themselves in connection with their application ("Application").
Failure to supply such data will result in the Company being unable to process the Applications.
If an Application is successful, data about the successful Applicants ("Interns") may also be collected from the Interns during the period of their employment with the Company.
- The purposes for which data relating to Applicants and Interns may be used are as follows:-
- Processing the Applications;
- Providing references;
- Monitoring compliance with internal rules of the Company; and
- Purposes relating thereto.
- Data held by the Company relating to Applicants and Interns will be kept confidential but the Company may provide such information to the following parties for the purposes set out in paragraph (4):-
- Any agent, contractor, or third party service provider who provides administrative, telecommunications, computer or other services to the Company in connection with the operation of its business;
- Any other person under a duty of confidentiality to the Company including any group company of the Company which has undertaken to keep such information confidential;
- Persons seeking references in respect of Interns with the prescribed consent of the Interns concerned in accordance with Section 2(3) of the Ordinance;
- Any actual or proposed purchaser of all or part of the business of the Company or, in the case of any merger, acquisition or other public offering, the purchaser or subscriber for shares in the Company; and
- Third parties in the form of directories of names and office telephone numbers of key officers of the Company for promotional and administrative purposes.
- Under and in accordance with the terms of the Ordinance any individual has the right:
- To check whether the Company holds data about him and to request for access to such data;
- To require the Company to correct any data relation to him which is inaccurate;
- To ascertain the Company’s policies and practices in relation to data and to be informed of the kind of personal data held by the Company.
In accordance with the terms of the Ordinance, the Company has the right to charge a reasonable fee for the processing of any data access request.
The person to whom requests for access to data or correction of data or for information regarding policies and practices and kinds of data held are to be addressed is as follows:
Human Resources Department
29/F, New World Tower 1,
18 Queen’s Road Central,
Nothing in this Notice shall limit the rights of Applicants and Interns under the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance.
Should there be any discrepancies between the Chinese and English versions of this Notice, the English version prevails.
Date: March 2016