New World Group Scholarship
At New World Group comprising of New World Development Company Limited (“NWD”) and its subsidiaries, affiliates, related and/or associated companies, we embody the philosophy of Creating Shared Value. Our commitment to supporting the development of Hong Kong’s young people is rooted from this principle. In today's interconnected world, students are driven by a strong desire to broaden their horizons and gain diverse experiences. Our firm belief is that students who genuinely strive for global perspectives and greater exposure are motivated not only by pursuing personal growth but also by their aspirations to contribute to the Hong Kong society.
We understand the importance of equal opportunity for all, regardless of financial circumstances. We recognise the untapped potential of the ambitious and driven students. Through our New World Group Scholarship (the “Scholarship”), we are committed to unlocking the vast possibilities of the aforesaid students and the Scholarship aims to inspire hope and confidence, and provide financial support for students to dream big and persevere.
In addition to financial assistance, our Scholarship offers comprehensive guidance and educational consultancy services by our trusted partners to help the scholars navigating their educational journey and successfully building a solid foundation for their future career pathway.
To be eligible for the Scholarship, an applicant (the “Applicant”) must satisfy the following requirements:
- has received a minimum of three (3) years of continuous full-time education, and is currently enrolled as a full-time student, in a school or college in Hong Kong;
- has applied or in the process of applying for full-time undergraduate studies in any university / tertiary educational institution outside Hong Kong (collectively, the “University”) in the 2024/25 academic year, and where applicable, subsequently meets the offer (whether conditional or not) and takes up the admission offer from the University for the 2024/25 academic year; and
- with proven financial need, academic merit, and involvement in extracurricular activities and community work.
Applicants are required to provide proof of family financial need, academic merit, and involvement in extracurricular activities and community work to the satisfaction of NWD.
The Scholarship will cover*:
- tuition fees payable directly to the University covering the full duration of the Scholar’s undergraduate studies (at a maximum duration of four (4) years) (the “Scholarship Period”);
- a grant for reasonable accommodation and living expenses (at a capped amount to be determined by NWD at its absolute discretion)
* subject to annual review by NWD at its absolute discretion, whereby the Scholar must provide evidence of the expenses incurred and proof of a strong academic record e.g. with a minimum weighted GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale or equivalent.
NWD reserves the right to offer the Scholar with outstanding academic results during the Scholarship Period with:
- the opportunity to participate in vacation internship programme under New World Group; and/or
- the opportunity to explore full-time employment in New World Group after completing their studies.
Various criteria will be taken into consideration during the selection procedure, including but not limited to academic merit, proven achievements in extra-curricular activities; contribution to institutions or society and commitment to service; leadership; drive to make social impact; and personal strengths.
To apply for the Scholarship for the 2024/25 academic year, Applicants are required to email the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Completed Application Form
- Applicant’s educational background, e.g. school transcripts, certificates, academic result slips and report cards, actual or projected public examination results, records of awards and scholarships, etc. (if applicable)
- Records of Applicant’s extra-curricular activities and community services
- Recommendation letter from a referee to be addressed the NWD in a sealed envelope;
- Financial support documents, e.g. official record of family’s entitlement of Comprehensive Social Security Assistance Scheme, Financial Assistance Scheme for Primary & Secondary Students, or Working Family Allowance Scheme, etc. (if applicable)
- Any other supporting documents that you believe to be beneficial in supporting your application
The application deadline for the Scholarship is Hong Kong time 23:59 of 25 October 2023. All Applicants shall submit their application forms together with all relevant supporting documents by this date. The actual time of receipt of the application shall be determined by the computer record of NWD.
Shortlisted Applicants will be contacted through [phone/email] in around early November 2023 to proceed to the next round of our Scholarship selection procedure. They shall apply for admission to their preferred Universities before the corresponding deadlines. Complementary education consultancy services will be provided to the Applicants upon request to support their application journey.
Shortlisted Applicants who are selected to attend the final round of Scholarship selection procedure will be notified through phone/email in around May-Aug to submit additional documents and/or materials that demonstrate how they meet the eligibility criteria outlined above including but not limited to their latest public examination results.
Successful Scholars will be announced in around early August 2024 through emails.
Other Points to Note
- There is no restriction on the area of study or curriculum for the programme of the undergraduate studies.
- There is no restriction on the geographical location of the university / tertiary educational institution except Hong Kong.
- Applications for a study programme leading to a second undergraduate / master / doctoral degree or a study programme that is currently pursued will not be considered.
- For any Applicant aged below 18, consent from parent / legal guardian will be required for the application and the provision of family members’ personal data and financial support documents.
- We are an equal opportunity company that all Applicants irrespective of their gender, gender identity and expression, martial and civil partnership status, race, colour, national or ethnic original, social or economic background, disability, religious belief, sexual orientation, age and any other basis prohibited under applicable law will be considered and welcome.
- Applicants shall list in the application form up to five (5) university(ies) / tertiary educational institution(s) and programmes they have applied for or intend to pursue undergraduate studies in the 2024-2025 academic year. Applicants are allowed to make change(s) to the choice(s) after obtaining prior approval from NWD. However, NWD reserves the right to reject any change to the choice(s) without any reason and such decision shall be final and absolute without subject to any challenge.
- A recipient of the Scholarship (the “Scholar”) cannot hold any other scholarship of the same or similar nature concurrently.
- NWD reserves the right to determine the number of Scholars receiving the Scholarship.
- NWD has the sole and absolute right to amended these Application Guidelines at any time without any prior notice and to interpret these Application Guidelines. In case of disputes, the decision of NWD shall be final, conclusive and binding.
If you have any enquiries or require further information, please contact us by email: email@example.com.